6.04.2014

Anticipation

I find that I am a perennial anticipator. (If that exsists then I am one)  I am always waiting for something, or anxious for something to happen.  Patience was lost somewhere long the way when gifts were given out and I never got that one.  I am always counting down for something or anxious for another.  It can be exhausting.  I always have to have a project, new idea or plan.  I don't really know if that's a bad thing or a good thing but all I know is . . . it's me.
So I was waiting for my peonies to come, and they came and so did the heavy rains and now they are gone.
I picked the last ones today.
I placed them around my roses.  The roses are not from my garden.  But as you can see the peonies had a few dirty spots due to the rain splashing mulch and dirt.  I love them so.  It was not a great year for them.  The rains came too strong and quick for them to reign in my garden.  I still have some blooms on the plants but they are all resting on the floor.  I did stake them but they get too long too quick.  
So now in my garden is the next shift 
 The later Lilacs.  I forget there actual name but they don't bloom in April with my other ones, these are supposed to be later in June but as we can all see our flower blooming schedules are way off.

The smell is so strong they are the first thing I smell when I open my door to my deck and they are not even close to my deck.  
Now what I am about to show you is pretty amazing.  I have never witnessed this in my garden, ever.  
I have had a lot of blooms but this is unbelievable.  
READY?
This looks like a normal arbor for roses. This sits along my back patio.
I have New Dawn on one side and Iceberg on the other side. 
Now take another look, this time a bit closer.
 Attempt to count how many buds are getting ready to bloom.

 I stopped at 40, it is impossible to count.  There are hundreds.

 New Dawn is a lovely pale pink and Iceberg is white with a hint of pink.  
Here are a few that have opened.
I'm a little concerned we are going to get more rain tonight and tomorrow, a bit heavy.  I'm hoping they will wait to open after the rain.
Here are a few photos of the front roses and garden.




This is one of my trellises in the front.  Constance Spry my favorite is here and New Dawn.  I planted New Dawn in the front because she resembles Constance a little and because Constance is a one time bloomer.  She only blooms for three weeks and then she's gone.  It's too painful when she is done so I figured let me plant New Dawn next to her so that I always have blooms.  


 Behind my porch swing is another trellis with roses, if you look closely you can see a few blooming on the right side.




Hope you enjoyed my garden tour.  I will post once the roses are here.  Promise.


7 comments :

Keeping It Cozy said...

Beautiful! Your garden is such an inspiration to me!

Brenda said...

Oh my! I look forward to seeing photos of those roses in bloom! The blooming plants here in Iowa also are extra heavy with blooms this year.

Marilyn said...

Stunning! Peonies and lilacs are 2 of my favorite flowers but, unfortunately, impossible to grow in Texas.

I'm also looking forward to seeing all those buds in full bloom!

Marilyn (in Dallas)

Marilyn said...

Stunning! Peonies and lilacs are 2 of my favorite flowers but, unfortunately, impossible to grow in Texas.

I'm also looking forward to seeing all those buds in full bloom!

Marilyn (in Dallas)

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Lisa, Your flowers are always SO gorgeous. Andrea and I refer to your flowers quite often! Wasn't it last year that you had a crazy peony harvest???? (I was reminded of me when I read the beginning of your post about always anticipating the next thing. When Andrea got married and moved across the United States that was how I functioned - from one visit to the next. As a matter of fact I would usually buy a plane ticket for the my next trip right after getting back from a visit... every 3 - 4 months I would fly out to see her. So I know exactly what you are talking about. I still do the same sort to thing.) - Dori -

Catherine said...

Beautiful!!!!xoxoxo

must love junk said...

OH, your gardens are just stunning!
So many beautiful photos :)
Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...