7.09.2014

Maine's Own Blueberry Crumble with Pennsylvania Blueberries

 I must say after two years of struggling with my blueberry bushes, this year I have finally gotten my money's worth.  My plant is filled with luscious and mouth squirting blueberries.  This was my first pick.  But since then I have picked a small bowl full.  Now it still wasn't enough for a crumble but when combined with my local farm blueberries . . . well let's just say I made it yesterday and there is very little left.
Many years ago I saw the author of this great cookbook on Martha Stewart and she made this crumble. Since then I have made it maybe about 30 or 40 times during blueberry season.  It is my favorite.
 Smells devine and tastes heavenly.  (Perfect with a scoop of ice cream if your into that.) I prefer it with a hot cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk.  Yummy.  For the recipe click on link: http://www.wnyc.org/story/150866-blueberry-crumble-pie/

3 comments :

Catherine said...

So yummy looking! I'll have to get that book. xo

Marilyn said...

Blueberries and lobster rolls. Be still my heart! Two of my favorites.

Wish I could remember the name of the place in Plymouth, MA that served the most delicious lobster rolls I've ever had.

Marilyn (in Dallas)

awal.ny said...

That does look yummy. I am not a big blueberry fan unless they are cooked. My husband like to use a family recipe for blueberry rubarb pie, it is very good. Thank you for your comment at Must Love Junk. I really only sew for my own personal use, thank you for asking. Have a wonderful summer. I am going to take a peek at your home and enjoy some coffee and maybe some blueberry muffins. Alaina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...