7.17.2014

My 4 Mile Walk

I started walking.  I have always loved walking, taking long hikes, taking in my surroundings.  I have always felt prayerful in nature.  Actually feel closer to God walking along a cornfield or standing in front of the ocean than sitting in mass sometimes.
I walk with my husband on the weekends and alone or with a friend (KC or Tracy) during the week.  I started walking two miles and now I am up to four.  They are four miles that are peaceful and beautiful and at the same time push me to use muscles I have not used for a very long time. There are a few hills that leave my calf muscles vibrating long after I am done.  But it is worth it. At the end of my walk I feel triumphant.
Now I am not an athletic person, never ran a marathon or belonged to a gym so for me this is a great accomplishment.
I walked this morning and took some photos of what I walk by and as I was snapping a few photos it
dawned on me, this would be perfect for my letter. I wanted to write something to possibly read at my son's wedding.  I began thinking of the correlations of my walk and marriage and immediately I began writing it in my mind.
Here are a few images during my walk.













And when I reach the end of my journey, the bottom of the hill, where my dear friend KC lives, I stop, take a drink of water, take a deep breath and turn around and start the journey back home.
It's all about the journey and the encounters and moments that form us and leave an impression that truly matters and motivates us to set out and start our walk all over again.


4 comments :

Brenda said...

Beautiful walk. Thanks for sharing.

Marilyn said...

Your pictures are beautiful, as always! There is something so solid and pure about the countryside. Nothing flashy, just the basics: fresh air, a blue sky, leafy trees, corn fields, a red barn.

(I could almost feel my blood pressure go down a few points just taking it all in!)

Marilyn (in Dallas)

Catherine said...

What a lovely walk with a lovely woman. xo

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Lisa - what a pretty walk. Walking is so good for the soul, isn't it? Before we retired my husband and I did a 45 minute speed walk every single night, rain or shine. Then we retired and my husband doesn't have his desk job anymore so with building our home, farm, etc... we quit speed walking. I actually really miss it.

P.S. I bet you go over those lists in your mind while you're walking huh?!!!! Ha Ha!!! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...