7.21.2014

Oriental Rug and Amish Chest

I have been searching for the idea rug for my upstairs landing for the past month.  Had found one on Overstock.com but after a few days I realized that it was more suited for my guest room.
I found this Oriental Rug at a lovely Oriental Rug store in my town.  I have passed by this store thousands of times but have never entered in.  The minute I walked in I fell in love with this round beautiful rug.  I hadn't considered using a round rug and had always thought of a rectangular but I really think that it actually made the floor more noticeable and at the same time brought out the honey tones of my table and floor. 

I wanted fringes and these were the perfect touch.  I don't love busy rugs with tons of colors and patterns but I thought this one had just the right amount of muted and soft colors and designs not to over power the cream hues.

Now my friend Michelle is a very bad influence.  She took me on a trip today to a store I had never gone before called Farmhouse.  I was smitten.  While I was there I found the perfect chest. The owner told me it was made by Amish builders he works with.  Now I have a soft spot for Amish and anything Amish made.  So guess what I bought today?



I love how again the pine brought out the colors in my floor and in the Ethan Allen Bombe dresser.  
I really loved my chest.  Now I just hope my husband will too.  

2 comments :

Marilyn said...

No, your friend Michelle is a very good influence! That chest is gorgeous. I love the clean lines and the warm finish. It looks perfect in your guest bedroom.

Marilyn (in Dallas)

Vinay Dravid said...

Beautiful rugs, Oriental rugs look beautiful on wood floors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...