7.03.2014

Summer Splendor With Hydrangeas

 For the past three years my Hydrangeas at our beach house were not thriving.  This is the first year that they have started to look healthy again. Here are some photos.

I mostly have of the varieties of "mophead and lacecap" but at home I have a much larger variety.


The ones in the front of the house are fairly new, put there after our original ones were damaged due to the sprinkler system breaking a few years back.  So they only have a few blooms.
A lovely Summer day after a night storm.  The Hydrangeas seem to be giddy with joy for all the extra water they received during the night.  Today they bask in the sunlight.

6 comments :

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Lisa, they are beautiful. I think you have the magic touch with growing things. You remind me of my mother - honestly I think she could grow ANYTHING. Somehow I didn't inherit that gene! :-) Next spring we will start on our landscaping here on the hilltop around our house and I'm sort of dreading it. You want to come live here for a few months and help us?! Ha Ha!!! :-) Happy Fourth! - Dori -

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Lisa, they are beautiful. I think you have the magic touch with growing things. You remind me of my mother - honestly I think she could grow ANYTHING. Somehow I didn't inherit that gene! :-) Next spring we will start on our landscaping here on the hilltop around our house and I'm sort of dreading it. You want to come live here for a few months and help us?! Ha Ha!!! :-) Happy Fourth! - Dori -

Catherine said...

Beautiful!

Marilyn said...

Love those hydrangeas, and love the brick sidewalk that they border.

Marilyn (in Dallas)

must love junk said...

Oh, they're breathtaking!! :)
Susan

awal.ny said...

I wish I could figure out how to grow the colored hydrangeas, mine are the hardy white ones. Too much sun I think, I love yours. Alaina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...