8.04.2014

A Shower without Showers!

On Saturday was my son's and his fiancee's Wedding Couple's Shower.  We woke to a menacing sky and worries of a storm.  Well as the day progressed the sky began to clear and as I said my prayers, made my promises and crossed my fingers, even my toes, the sun came out.
Here are a few photos before the guests arrived.



 We had it at the bride to be's parent's house and placed the tables throughout the yard.  We had 60 guests, two dogs and plenty of amazing food prepared by a wonderful chef.
And I made Raspberry Jam as a favor to take home.
Everyone was pleased with the day, the Bride and Groom were totally overwhelmed with the love and support and gifts received.  It was truly a perfect day.  So so happy and so so thankful.  68 days left till the wedding.

8 comments :

Marilyn said...

What a lovely setting for a shower. I think your raspberry jam was a wonderful idea as a shower favor.

Lucky guests!

Marilyn (in Dallas)

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Lee,
It is so great to find your blog. Susan told me you were so sweet to help us out this week with getting your Spotlight to her right away. I cannot wait to read more about you on Spotlight this week. Love your blog and have become a new follower. Love the setting for the shower so beautiful and love that you made a home made gift of jam for everyone. Too sweet.
Kris

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Love the pictures, Lisa. What did the labels on your jars say? They sure are pretty! That wedding will be here in a snap! Hows the list coming? Ha Ha!! - Dori -

Patty Sumner said...

Hey Lee! I am so happy to meet you! I am dropping by via Susan's Spotlight Saturday! I am so enjoying these.. You have a beautiful home and a beautiful story. My hubby and I are redoing an older cape cod style farmhouse.. we live on around 3 acres of beautiful land in the rolling pastureland of Winchester Ky.. I love your blog and design.. I am exciting to visit with you regularly and am your newest follower. I hope you will come on over for a visit and follow along.. Blessing!

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Lisa, congrats on the feature on Susan's blog and it's nice to meet you. I am Julie at Julie's Lifestyle. I was the spotlight last week on Susan's blog and I would love to become your new blog friend. I am going to join your blog and follow you I hope you would like to follow me too and be my new blog friend.

Congrats on your son getting married and good luck with the other going off to college. I love both you dogs by the way and you have a gorgeous house.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Julie
Julie's Lifestyle

Lee said...

Thank you sweet ladies. I am very happy you have joined my blog.
Susan's blog is so great. I was thrilled and honored to do a post for her.
xoxo
Lisa

Art and Sand said...

I loved reading your feature on Must Love Junk. I am off to check out your book now.

And, my hydrangeas are not blooming this year either - a drought in California is leaving my garden less than perfect.

Kim said...

The jam was a sweet idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...