9.13.2014

Trim and Doors

The light is diminishing and I waited too long to take the photos but I wanted to post about my trim and doors and their simple facelift just by painting them the perfect color.  
With 28 days left for the wedding we are doing more restoration and renovations to the house than we have done the entire time we have lived in it.  The past few weeks we have put in molding, painted, caulked, removed outside gravel, planted sod and changed the kitchen counter, sink and faucet.
(Hey I should have a wedding every year!)
The latest was to change all the doors and trim in the upstairs to match.  Our doors were heavy painted in dark walnut with tons of layers of polyurethane.  I spent an entire weekend trying to select the right color.  I can now say I have.
The color is Edgecomb Gray by Benjamin Moore.  It is my new favorite.  I paired it with my walls, Benjamin Moore Simply white and it was love at first sight.  Here are a few moore photos.
I loved how the trim looked so much that I decided not to put up curtains.  I swapped my 
Target Shabby Chic Baloon Shades from my guest room for the curtains I had in my bedroom.
The result was just what I wanted.  
The double doors where painted in it and I think the contrast is beautiful.  Although it's hard to capture the colors exactly on camera, I am very pleased.


3 comments :

Junkchiccottage said...

Looks beautiful. Isn't it amazing what just painting trim can do. Very pretty.
Kris

Catherine said...

Very pretty! xo

Marilyn said...

I love the color scheme. It's very soothing and fresh.

Marilyn (in Dallas)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...