10.28.2014

Its all about Nell Hills.

I was walking my dogs looking up at my porch and laughed to myself as I realized everything on my porch is from Nell Hills store.
Please tell me you know what I'm talking about?  Mary Carol Garrity's stores in Atchison Kansas and Kansas City Missouri. www.nellhills.com  Almost everything I do in my home is a reflection of a visit to her stores, a chapter in one of her books or just photos from her blog.  I admit it!  I am a copier!  I don't care.  I'm proud to be one.
 Nell Hills Below MCG herself.  
A wonderful, lovely lady both inside and out.  She is kind and thoughtful and the happiest person I've ever met.

If you don't know what I'm talking about then please see the site above.  WARNING:  Your life will never be the same again.
So here are some pics of my porch.
 Above my porch a few minutes ago.  It's dark outside so my photos are a bit dark.
 One of the eight lanterns I ordered for the wedding.  Very affordable and beautiful.
On the rockers my custom made Nell Hill monogramed house number pillows I feel in love with when visiting Mary Carol's home in Atchison Kansas.  So lovely.  Had so many people comment at the wedding about my lanterns and pillows.  People strolled around during the cocktail hour and saw them.  
Also above another of the white lanterns.  Look at that pillow stitching!  My goodness what an art!
 Below symmetrical original Nell Hill lanterns.  These are the large.  I adore them.  They also were used in the barn for the wedding.  One guest asked me if they were rented I chuckled and proudly stated:  "they are mine!"
 Below Mary Carol's metal fall orbs.  I have used them two years in a row and place the pumpkins inside.  So fun and so elegant.


 Close up above and below of the lanterns.  Too beautiful.  Love them.  Also have two different lanterns inside and on my deck but too dark to show you.  Will post about them next time.
 If you are on facebook make sure that you check the Nell Hill page.  She posts items almost every day and if you see something that you like all you have to do is call the store number.  It's as easy as that!  The Briarcliff store in Kansas City, MO number is (816) 746-4320
And the Atchison Kansas store number is  (913) 367-1086
Make sure you check out her weekly blog, her website and her page on facebook.  The ladies are lovely and kind and extremely helpful and with a quick description will help you find the item you desire.  Tell them Lisa from PA sent you.  Hee hee.

6 comments :

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

She is truly a delight to talk to and be around. I went to Briarcliff yesterday, you know I did not come home empty handed. All of her Christmas is up and it is amazing. Got me in the mood to do more to my shop.. U adore your front porch fondly ~lynne~

Pat Howe said...

Hope to go next week to the open house can't wait.....have great week..Pat

Sheila said...

I've been to both stores & love her things. I live in Indiana so hesitated at buying much...until one of the sweet ladies said "Oh, we can ship that for you!". Wish I could go for Christmas.

Heather said...

I have my own orb-on-an-urn a la MCG on the front porch! She is offering a 15% discount in celebration of the World Series, and I need to get there soon. It looks like our Royals will be playing tomorrow night!

Marilyn said...

Oh, I am so glad that you admit to being a copier (and proud of it) because I admit to being a copier of..... YOU! :-) So, by default, a copier of Nell Hill.

Love the creativity and charm of your decor.

Marilyn (in Dallas)

Julie @ Creating This Life said...

I live in Kansas City so I'm a regular at Nell Hills. :) I also have orbs (the thicker ones) on top of urns on either side of my front door. Boxwood is planted inside. Love your porch and the white pumpkins!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...