11.14.2014

November and the Holidays


It's official!  I made a trip to Williams Sonoma yesterday and am prepared for Thanksgiving.
I don't know about you but I live for the holidays.  When November comes, my anniversary, my birtthday, Autum colors, the golden light, I am thrilled to experience every wonderful part of this month.  Starting with my anniversary and ending with Thanksgiving and Black Friday.  The best day for cooking out of the year in my opinion.  Most of the staples at our Thanksgiving table are made with products from Williams Sonoma so it is a thrill to make the trip and walk around my most favorite store and collect my ingredients and special items to make the Holiday extra special.
Every detail is importan to me to make the table, the evening just right.  From the candles to the brine to the tablesetting.
I'm especially excited because my youngest will be home and our dinner table will be filled with our new daughter in law and son and her wonderful parents.  Karen, my daughter in law's mother is an amazing cook.  "Martha Level"  She has taught me so much.  So when we join forces it is a feast.
And then when the last dish has been put away and the leftovers are in the fridge, the Christmas Season  is here.  I used to start decorating Thursday night but I'm not that young anymore so I wake up early on Friday morning, my husband gets us some coffee and I begin.
I don't love Black Friday for shopping, I actually don't leave my house.  I usually am in comfortable clothes while I'm hanging garland, putting up trees and enjoying the sounds of Christmas music.  This year I have five trees.  I know it's crazy, but it's an obsession I have.  My house isn't even big but it gives me joy to see Christmas in every nook.
I am trying to dive into the Holiday Spirit.  I want to enjoy every minute of this festive time.
I hope that you will get excited too.

2 comments :

Brenda said...

I am looking forward to the Thanksgiving holiday too.

Love your new header!

Marilyn said...

I couldn't agree more. This is my favorite time of the year, too. I love wearing sweaters, lighting candles, baking and cooking a soup or stew in my crock pot. Bliss!

Marilyn (in Dallas)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...