12.08.2014

The Room Is Ready

My first born just got married in October and I decided to redo his room.  I have to say that it has brought me more pain than I anticipated.  I have had several crying spurts in his room.  His walls were damaged from years of posters and nails and hanging hockey gear and it definitely needed to be done.
I honestly could have put his bed and dresser back and just kept it like that but I found these beds that I fell in love with and wanted to make a change.  I have gone back and forth in my head with this decision, as any mother who loves decorating would.  I am happy with the outcome but sad that it's changed.  I guess I should have thought it through before but for now it is very pretty and who knows, maybe his children will love it someday.
Here it is.

 Since it's Christmas I had to put a little Christmas touch on the beds.




On the small antique table is a photo of my boys.  The loves of my life.  

6 comments :

Gina said...

The room is adorable! I'm sure it was hard but those beds needed to be used!! ;) I hope to have twin beds in a future grandchildren room someday. :)

mary george said...

This room is perfect! I love quilts and blue and white is always outstanding, the rug and wood floor is beautiful, such a charming, inviting room. You did great!

Esther

Robin Johnson said...

Awww, I am so sorry it was such a difficult process for you. I have not hit that stage in my children lives yet but I am sure the time will come. Change is good I think, however painful it may seem at the time. The room looks so pretty right now and those bed frames are
AMAZING! I love the quilts on the bed also...did you make them?

Kim said...

Sweet little room.

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Lisa, It's beautiful. I love those beds - they are gorgeous and the quilts looks perfect on them! I know you are really looking forward to your Holiday with your boys and now your daughter all together! Hope they are the best ever. - Dori -

Connie said...

Hello Lee, I am so happy to meet you and to find your charming blog. It is easy to see why you fell in love with those beds. They are incredible and the way you hung the wreaths on the headboards is delightful. I can see that by following you I can pick up some wonderful decorating tips. Your home is lovely.
Last spring my husband and I purchased a small bungalow outside of town on an acre of land. It was built in 1905 and is a major fixer-upper, but we are plugging along and loving every minute of it. We had lived in our former home for thirty three years and thought that we might miss it terribly, but we love our new home and plan to live out the rest of our lives here.
Well, enough about that. I am your newest follower. Come on over and check out my blog and if you like it as much as I like yours, then please follow me back. I have made so many lovely friends through blogging and sharing ideas.
Have a wonderful day.
Connie :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...