1.12.2015

The Store

My daughter in law and partner of the store designed the sign below.  We will hang this in the space to the left of the window on the side of the building pictured below.
Below is the photo of the location of my store, The Homestead.  I hadn't posted any photos because I was waiting until it was officially mine.  Now I finally can.  

So this historic building has two floors plus a full attic.  My store will be located on the top floor which has a separate entrance from the exsisting shoe store below.  

Above you can see the three windows above that will be part of the store.  The entrance is on the other side of the bay window.  
Below is a tour of the empty space.  Now one of the first things that we are doing is removing this rug.  I am hoping to replace it with a laminate that will resemble light wooden floors.  I don't want to put in too much work into it because we are trying to keep as many of the costs down but I think with a neutral flooring it will open up the space even more.  The walls have just been painted white.  I'm happy with that.  No need to change anything for now.  
This is the open entrance and stair way leading upstairs.  I like that it is not to steep and wide.  Also along the wall I will be able to hang some art as well.
 Below is a shot of the space.  Behind the door is a small bathroom. Unfortunately there is not another room where we could bring our pets but it will have to do.  Hey bathrooms are necessary!
There is a little sink outside which I wish wasn't but thinking with a small table at it's side I can plug in a cappuchino maker for afternoon coffee breaks.  Also we love the wooden beams.  They add so much character to the space.  

 Below is a long shot of the space. Now although the windows are on the upstairs they are very wide and have a nice little ledge.  I think of the holidays where I can adorn them with white lights.    We have a full mantle that we purchased that will be placed against one of the walls and with the pieces of furniture that we will be adding to the space for a home look along with the mirror and a few added shelves and touches, I think the space will come along nicely.  There is really great tracking lights too that will assist in showcasing merchandise.  

This is a photograph we took of the full attic space perfect for storage of inventory.  Honestly it could not be a more perfect space.  I did not want someplace huge that was overwhelming.  It is the right size and the perfect placement for people to see and have access to and we are located next to a municipal parking area.  Also across the street from wonderful restaurants and other fine shops.  So as of Thursday our work begins.  


Waiting for the proper paperwork so that we can register at a trade show and have already a few wholesalers lined up to place my orders.  It is a new chapter in my life.  I am both excited and nervous but with a positive attitude and a hopeful vision.  In the meantime before our official opening in March, we will be setting up a website, gathering our inventory and creating a facebook page.  I will keep you all posted once we are ready to go.  Thank you for your support and kind comments.  As always I am humbled by the kindness of others.  


8 comments :

Catherine said...

So excited for you dear friend! xoxoxoxoxo

LL Farm said...

Congratulations on your new adventure. I look forward to seeing more....

Gina said...

Oh, how exciting!! It looks like a great space! I'm sure you are having a great time planning and setting up shop! :)

mejamieson said...

What's under the rug? Maybe it is planking you could paint. That would be very nice, also and a bit less money to outlay.

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Hi Lisa! I'm SO excited for you! And excited that I get to follow along in your blog! :-) It looks lovely, like the perfect place. I can't wait to see what you do with it. It will be amazing. I love the sign your daughter in law designed. It couldn't be more perfect. How fun for the two of you. - Dori -

Carol said...

Congratulations! Happy days and sunshine from middle TN. Carol

Brenda said...

What fun! Can't wait to see it develop.

Melissa said...

Is this in Peddler's Village?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...