4.04.2015

The Big Reveal

All the waxing is done, the molding is in, rugs are in place (except the oval jute I bought for the kitchen table was too huge 9 by 12, so I put that in my bedroom and am ordering the smaller size) and life can go back to normal.  So here it is without further adieu . . . my new/old floor.


 The photos make the color darker than it actually is.  But you get the idea.  It is more honey colored.

 Below shows closer to the actual color.  Also the vents are wood as well.  I loved the touch.  ( I cringe to show this rug.  It was beat up during the wedding so that's why I ordered a new one.)






 I think the cream toile chair goes very nicely now with the natural floors.
 I found these sweet little sisal mats for my doggy bowls.
I was so pleased with the company I used and how quickly it all happend.  Less that two weeks. (not including the weekends)  Very happy.  I was told that because of the organic and "green"  products I used on the Hemlock that once a year they would need a new waxing and buffing which I'm glad because I have two dogs and I know they will put some wear and tear with their nails so once a year will be a good idea.
Now off to the next project?  Hmmmmm.  (Just kidding. . .  not really)

15 comments :

Brenda said...

Your floor is so warm with tons of character! Love, love, love!

Junkchiccottage said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Happy Week End and Happy Easter.
Kris

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

SO WONDERFUL! I am so happy for you in how nicely they turned out. And green besides, awesome. Simply divine.

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

Beautiful!! LUV!!
Happy Easter.

Catherine Burke said...

So beautiful! Love it! XOXXO

Thoughts for the day said...

Can I move in? it is beautiful.

Thoughts for the day said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristie said...

Your floor is beautiful! Love it! You mentioned that it came from an old barn, were these just regular boards or have they been tongue and grooved?
-Kristie

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

They are gorgeous! So is your kitchen, and your pup is adorable! Enjoy you new/old floors.
Blessings,
Cindy

Gina said...

Wow, they are gorgeous! I love the honey color. Your kitchen and eating are is beautiful. I'm sure you love being in there and everyone congregating in there. :)

Marilyn said...

They look awesome! I also love the warm honey color.

I swoon every time you post pics of your kitchen. I LOVE those windows!!

Marilyn (in Dallas)

Pat Howe said...

Your floor, and kitchen beautiful love your beautiful home.

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Hi Lisa, oh my goodness. I bet you never want to leave your kitchen! It is completely gorgeous. I love those floors. Wow! - Dori -

Lee said...

Hi Kristie,
Yes it was from an old salvage barn, it is hemlock and was installed using the tongue and groove and then nailed down.

Lisa

Arthur Bryant said...

Gorgeous! There's nothing in that kitchen that is out of place. I'm so happy that you got your dream kitchen in just two weeks. The company you were working with definitely aced their services with you. Thanks for giving us that lovely tour, Lee! All the best to you!

<A HREF="http://contractorexpress.tumblr.com/post/112813355869/the-kings-of-building-materialsArthur Bryant @ Contractor Express</A>

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...