6.26.2015

First World Problem - Part Deux

Thank you all who expressed their opinions, shared comments and helped guide my decisions pertaining to the infamous bathroom vanity.
So the consensus from everyone I consulted was to sell the old chest that I painted and either shop and wait for the right one to come or stay with what I had.  

A little back story:  The hall bathroom was originally my sons and parent's bathroom.  When we initially were remodeling I had the idea of using an antique piece.  When I suggested the idea to my mom (and this was B.P  - before pinterest) she said "I don't want that?  I don't want something old.  I want something with a lot of space."  After my parents both passed and my son married and my youngest went to college I started doing my re-evaluations.  You know exactly what I'm talking about.  When you stroll through each room doing mental re-assessments and mind furniture swapping of pieces in each room.   That's usually what gets me in to trouble.  
I still regret changing my son's room.  My oldest.  Remember the twin antique beds. (http://leeshideaway.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-room-is-ready.html  I should have never done that.  

WARNING:  When your son or daughter get married, don't change their room for at least a few years.  I promise you.  You will regret it.  I must have had at least five or six good cries on those beds thinking I erased my son's memories. It was awful.  Not joking.

Another problem I have is that I am very impulsive.  Some people are impulsive at first and then don't follow through.  I follow through immediately.  They say you should wait ten minutes before you have a second helping of food and if you still want it then it's okay.  
I wish there was a rule for impulsive people like me.

Anywho. . . . Good News!!!!!!!!!!  
I have made a decision.  I will be selling the painted piece in my store.  I will not be purchasing the vanity I saw and posted about - the one stop shop all inclusive one.  

Big News!  Ready?????  Sound the royal horns please.  This Beauty is mine as of  9:45 pm last night.  

Isn't she a dream.  She is the Sam Heughan of chests.  (Outlander star, now that's another post entirely.)


I think it will go well with the mirror I purchased from Ballards.

Hmmm.  Lets see.   Let me put them together.  

So I already put myself on my carpenter's schedule for later this summer to come and work his magic.  I'm thinking white marble with an undermount bowl sink.  I'm using my existing faucet because I love it.  I wish to thank all of you for your wonderful advice.  I will post as soon as it is installed.  Even found a lovely painting for the bathroom.  I think the white marble and white walls will be a perfect contrast.  
Now off to the shore for a week.  
Happy Fourth of July!  
Happy Summering!
xoxo
Lisa




3 comments :

thevintage vixen said...

Good for you!!! Enjoy the shore & the 4th!!!

Alexie said...

Love, love, love it!!

Kim said...

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...