9.25.2015

Fall Decorating

It's Fall.  Time for making fires, baking, using throws and extra blankets and wearing sweaters.  Smells from the oven like apple pie baking and pumpkin bread (and everything pumpkin) and decorating.
I was trying for a more dramatic look like my friends Mary Carol Garrity and Ramon Valdez create every day in their stores and homes.
Below:  Thanks to trips to Atchison Kansas and seeing MCG's home up close and personal, I have developed a fixation with outdoor garden statues inside the home.  I brought her from the garden up to my hall bathroom and then decided that she could watch over my porch this fall.
I probably could have added more leaves and branches but I was content with keeping it like this.

Above are the Nell Hill Lanterns.  I've had these for years now.  They adorned the barn for my son's wedding and have guarded my front door since.  Inside I placed my little stone cherubs along with peat moss and a remote control candle.  When I entertain I will put them on as to create a more dramatic look for the porch.
My friend Lisa made me the lovely basket for my door.  As you can see Rudy approves.  (He's always watching me whenever I have a camera in hand.)

Have you decorated your home for fall yet?

5 comments :

Junkchiccottage said...

Very pretty Lee. Your porch is so welcoming the fall decor is beautiful.
Kris

Ramon Valdez said...

WOW... Just WOW.
What great job you did Lisa, I love the whole look it's very MCG, specially love the basket, the lanterns look fantastic dear fiend..... One word.... Swoon!

Ramon
Rowhouseblog.com

The Vintage Vixen said...

Your entrance looks so warm and inviting!!! I love the lanterns. I am getting ready to start decorating soon....can't wait!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Keeping It Cozy said...

Everything looks beautiful and so warm and welcoming! All I've done so far is add some wheat to my front door basket. ;-)

Silvana Joanne said...

Very nice I love the big lanterns. I think keeping things simple is always the better way to go. I think you did a fantastic job! Best, Silvana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...