11.05.2015

Carolyne Roehm's New Book

Today is my 27th Wedding Anniversary.  My husband and I took a lovely trip  and spent a few days up in New England and Nantucket.  It was perfect weather.  We rested, ate well, shopped and visited with our dear friends.  It was wonderful.  At the same time Carolyne Roehm's new book  At Home In The Garden was released.  I have all her books and have been lucky enough to have visited her home twice and have met and her and her dear mother at her home in Weatherstone.  She is not only beautiful inside and out but so down to earth and a country girl at heart.  The book arrived the night we were leaving on our trip.  I left barely skimming through this massive piece of art.  When we returned home I was so tired but all I wanted to do was curl up in a corner with a throw and by a light and sink in to every page of this book.  If you haven't ordered it or bought it please do.  You will treasure it.  One Kings Lane is featuring her this week so I thought I would borrow some photos and do a post on her and her home.

In the past I have done many posts on Carolyne.  The Missouri farm girl who studied fashion and art in Paris and because a huge designer working under and with Oscar De La Renta.  Her style trickled into her home decor and every day life and she is an incredible mentor to me.  Whether it's her passion for her gardening or for her decor everything she does is magnificent.  I thought I'd share some of the beauty.

Not only is Carolyne an incredible photographer but she is also a gifted painter.  In her new book she features many of her watercolors.  They are mostly of her favorite flowers.  

Below, that's me walking near Carolyne's front porch.  This photo gives you a proper scale of the enormity of this magnificent home.  


(Above : Look how small I look next to side entrance.  I did take a photo with Carolyne.   I couldn't hide my giddiness and of course my husband didn't bother to tell me I looked like a grinning idiot so I won't be posting that one. LOL)

With this much beauty around her home in Weatherstone who wouldn't want to paint?  I have been lucky enough to have walked through these gardens.  And because of her influence I have created in much smaller scales of course, miniature versions of her style both in the garden and in the home.




Below is the reason why I needed a green velvet sofa for my husband's study.





Her kitchen was also a reference point for me when we were in the planning stages for my kitchen renovation.


Her love for animals and nature is obvious in all that she does and that speaks volumes of who she is, a lover of beauty and her surroundings including those who she comes in contact with.  I'm so fortunate to have met her and I hope that you will be changed by her books and constant inspiration.  I know I have been.  


(Some photos above courtesy of One Kings Lane)

2 comments :

Catherine said...

Gorgeous! I have never read any of her books, I can't believe it. So good to see you dear friend xoxoxo We miss you! xoxoxo

Alexie said...

Thanks for sharing Carolyn with us. My favorite is the room with the rustic table and butterflies on the wall. I love how she mixes materials but makes it all look seamless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...