11.24.2015

Thanksgiving

As I clean up the kitchen anxiously watching the time, my son is in the air on his way home.  I have just finished making his favorite dinner, changed and prepared his bedding, baked cookies and sorted out the last bit of laundry from the dryer.  Hard to believe he is in his second year of college and my oldest son  just celebrated his first wedding anniversary.  The passage of time never ceases to amaze me.  I feel excited for Thanksgiving.  Call me somewhat antiquated but it thrills me to know that I will be making my youngest all his favorite foods while he is home.   Yes I love to put an apron on and bake christmas cookies and wake up at the crack of dawn to put a 20 pound turkey in the oven.  I even love during the holidays going to the market with a list as long as my arm while crossing items off as I place those holiday favorites in my cart.   It's what I grew up with and what I have tried to do with my family.  This is my first Thanksgiving without my mom.  I miss her terribly, especially on Thanksgiving, but I know she is whole again and mentally healed and that brings me peace.
I am Thankful for so many things.  I wanted to do a short post to say to all my blogging friends that I am thankful of you and this blog as well.  
So in the next few days let us do a few things.  I made a list to share.
Let us . . . 
make something from scratch for our family
try to create a peaceful environment in our home
hold our tongues with a family member we might find hard to do with
reach out to a friend who might be alone
take a moment by yourself to whisper the things you are most thankful for (to God or the universe)
let those closest to you know that they are amazing and a blessing in your life
and most of all. . . 
remain in the mind set of knowing that all in life is temporary, the bad and the good, the stressful and what brings us joy and with that in mind see your life for what it is and . . . 
be forever grateful. 

Happy Thanksgiving!
xoxo
Lisa

4 comments :

Stephen Andrew said...

A beautiful post! Happy Thanksgiving! I love all the holiday chaos, too.

Silvana Joanne said...

Thank you for a truly beautiful post. I wish you and your family as well a happy Thanksgiving. Silvana

Nella Miller said...

Happy Thanskgiving Lee! Loved to read this...so lovely! Wishing you and all my Ametican friends the best wishes for celebrating with your loved ones...we all have so much to be grateful for! I miss posting, but have shared on Facebook and Instagram as Nella Miller and nella_miller_design. Time seems of the essence these days! Xoxo

Kathleen George said...

Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy being with your family! Gentle hug to you missing your mom, Kathleen in Az

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...