6.26.2016

Simpler Times


Last nigh my husband and I went out for the first time in a long while to the movies.  I wanted a night of relaxation and simple summer fun.  Went ot see the latest shark movie because what's the summer without Shark week right?
Anyway, before the previews there was filmed announcement about what to do in an emergency at the theater.  It told us where to run, to watch out for people who were suspicious, to watch who is around you.  I was livid!
What has our country become?  That was my first immediate thought.  It sickens me and causes me great anxiety to see how drastically we have changed.
I want to go back when our biggest fear was illness and not terrorism or bomb threats.  I want America to be great again and strong and wat to feel protected and feared and most of all respected.  I long for simpler days, for times when we weren't worried or preoccupied about our country's safety or natioinal security.
So here is wishing you quiet days of basking in the son and eating outdoors and enjoying the company of family and friends.  I wish you simpler times.
God bless our country.  Happy Summer.

3 comments :

Marilyn said...

I completely understand what you are saying and do feel nostalgic for the good old days. Our children and grandchildren are growing up in times totally unlike our childhood days. But I also believe in the basic goodness of people.

Whenever a tragedy occurs there are good, brave people risking their own lives to help strangers. There is goodness and kindness in the world.

Marilyn (in Dallas)

Junkchiccottage said...

I have to agree with Margaret. Our kids and their kids are growing up in a society that is full of fear and horrible acts of violence. When we were kids we would play outdoors with friends until the porch light came on and that meant it was time to go in. No fears of someone taking you or harming you in anyway. We did not even lock our front doors. I am only 58 so not real old and it was not that long ago you could live without these fears we now know. How horrible to go to a movie with relaxation and fun in mind and have to see that kind of announcement. It is a necessary evil I guess in the world we live in now. Hope the movie was good and you enjoyed it.
Kris

dogwalker allison said...

i so agree. i took my 5 year old grandson opening day to see "finding dori". as we were pulling into the parking lot i had this very uncomfortable feeling come over me.

not being in a movie theatre in a long time i wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do on that very beautiful summer day.

we sat in my jeep for a minute before taking the key out. my grandson asked me why we were sitting there, worried we might miss the movie.

could i tell him that i was in fear of someone deciding on that beautiful day with the theatre filled with children would decide they felt the urge to kill.

"NO"! i would not share that with him. we will get out the jeep, take each others hands, buy our tickets buy our popcorn and goobers and watch and enjoy "finding dori".

it's still tucked in the back of my mind, but i will not let my fear get the best of me and ruin my summer days.

note to self. 5 year old boy, "finding dori", not so much. previews of "monster trucks", oh yeah!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...